Friday, November 25, 2011

How to declare marriage performed abroad in California?

I am a U.S. citizen who married an Italian in a Central American country. How do I declare my new married status in the United States? Stated differently, how do I make my marriage legally recognizable in my home state of California? How to declare marriage performed abroad in California?
Your marriage is already legally recognized in California. Your marriage license from the other country should satisfy any request for proof of marriage. If you require a California marriage license for some reason, you can file a petition in Superior Court to establish a Court Order Delayed


Certificate of Marriage.How to declare marriage performed abroad in California?
If it was legaly preformed in that country and followed all the rules then it it is recognized. If you want to be sure you can go to a us emassy and Consular officers may authenticate foreign marriage documents. The fee for authentication of a document is $32.00.
  • oil industry
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment