Friday, November 25, 2011

Is there certain benefits for changing your last name at marriage?

I kept my maiden name at marriage, it was something i had always said i would do. I'm proud of who i married, but i don't believe in changing my last name because i don't ';belong'; to my husband. Is there certain benefits i may miss out later in life for not changing my last name? I've been married 13yrs.Is there certain benefits for changing your last name at marriage?
The only thing that comes to mind is when you have children. Would they have your last name or his? You could use both names and that would solve that problem.Is there certain benefits for changing your last name at marriage?
So you don't ';belong'; to him, eh? Any wife who isn't submissive to her husband isn't much of a wife at all. Keeping your maiden name out of spite %26amp; attitude only reflects your detachment from him. Taking your husband's name states a dedication to him, not ownership. ~;/%26gt;
I am not aware of any benefits. My wife did not change her name and I could not care less, it's just a name.


hm... I would have thought after 13 years you would have figured this out already...

No comments:

Post a Comment