Friday, November 25, 2011

What is the estimate for how much $ in taxes and other things the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage?

will make. I want the statistic or rather estimate. If they were legalized, what kind of money would these two generate for the USA. And please, refrain from leaving answers telling me about how one or both of them are bad and evil, or it could never happen. I just want answers that will have calculated numbers on them.What is the estimate for how much $ in taxes and other things the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage?
Gay marriage - not significant tax $ changes.





Marijuana - I don't know, but I am sure that would generate a lot of tax revenue and save money on drug enforcement efforts.What is the estimate for how much $ in taxes and other things the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage?
I have no idea. I've never seen an stats for either. I think Calif may be putting out stats for marijuana legalization in their state. I doubt gay marriage will make any significant difference.
To be honest, I think gay marriage would reduce tax revenue, because of the tax breaks married couples receive. I still support gay marriage because it's an equal rights case and marriage is done by the state, which is seperate from religion, therefore religion should have no say in the state marriage of gay people. Legalizing Pot would have a huge increase in tax revenue, it would free up courts, prisons and police officers arresting and housing people for use/sale of the drug. Although I think a lot of people would grow their own, but many people would be lazy and buy it just like any other fruit or vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment