Friday, July 30, 2010

If you plan to be together forever why is marriage so scary?

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years plan to be together forever but yet were both not ready for marriage. Im 19 so obviously i feel im too young to make a decision like that. Yet i still know i couldnt spend my life with anyone else.





Why is it that commitment is such a huge thing? Were committed enough to move in in the near future yet to tie the knot seems like a scary prospect!





I want to get married one day but when were both ready for it and once we know we can live together.





What are your views?If you plan to be together forever why is marriage so scary?
If it's not scary, you're not taking it seriously enough. The fact that it does scare you is a good sign, in my opinion. It means you understand the enormity of the commitment, which is something too many people lack. You understand the permanence of it, and that is a good thing. I'm happy for you - you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.If you plan to be together forever why is marriage so scary?
Its easy to say ';together forever'; when things are going great and y'all are happy. Its when times get really tough, the ';worse'; part of ';for better or for worse';, that make the marriage scary. Marriage isn't something that you can just walk away from easily. When you're dating you can easily break up and stop talking, but if you decided to break up when you're married you have to go through a painful process of divorce and completely readjust your life after-wards. Right now my husband and I are going through the ';worse'; part and marriage never seemed terrifying before like it does now.
It's scary at 19 because between this age and 25 you do a lot of changing, you are molding into who you are going to be and start working towards YOUR future. Moving in together is a big commitment in itself and not to be taken lightly. When you are both ready for marriage, it may not be to one another. Just have fun with your relationship as it is today.,
I knew on our first date that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her! I did wait 4 months before I proposed and another 7 months before we got married. SO 11 months from the first date to marriage.





My point? IF you know there should be no fear just excitement!
You are scared because you are doubtful. You don't have to worry about a commitment now....there is a lot of time for that. Enjoy what you have right now. When the time is right, there will be no doubts, you will no longer be scared.
I'm sure he is like all smart men he knows after you cut and eat the wedding cake the sex is on the way out and that scares him to death, not sure why you are scared
Commitment + Forever = Scared Sh**less! It's natural!
I love the logic: A and (not A); What does it mean?





My views are that I have to go to ';polls and surveys'; where people are honest about their insanity.
You commit when you are sure of yourself. So commitment not a big deal for such people.
Because it makes it real?
Marriage really isn't all that important, well, it wasn't for me anyway. I could've gone the rest of my life unmarried. We have a committed, good relationship, 2 great kids, a house, a dog, a cat, joint banking. Everything a married couple has, so y get married? We did it because I needed insurance and it was better for our taxes. Plus a friend of mine, her boyfriend died and she had no say over where he was buried, what to do with his belongings or anything. It was all up to his parents. When you're married YOU have the rights. But you don't need to worry about that for awhile. I'd hold off there's no real reason to get married right now.
  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment