Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a question about the ring exchange during the marriage ceremony?

Does he just put on the wedding band on my finger or both wedding band and engagment ring. B/C everyone keeps telling me that the wedding band is put on first closes to your heart. So when do you put back on the engagment ring? ThanksI have a question about the ring exchange during the marriage ceremony?
Put your engagement ring on your right ring finger. That way your husband can put the wedding band on the proper finger. Put the engagement ring on top of the wedding band after the ceremony.I have a question about the ring exchange during the marriage ceremony?
You can either wear your engagement ring on your right hand or just have some one you trust (MOH, parent, fiance maybe?) hold your engagement ring he puts the wedding band on your finger and then when the ceremony is over you can put the engagement ring back on. I've also heard of leaving the engagement ring on so the wedding band goes on second and then switching their positions later, but most people look at it as bad luck to take off your wedding band and don't take that option. Me I'll be having my MOH, mom, dad or my fiance hold my engagement ring until the ceremony is over
i've heard of people putting the engagement ring in the right hand and then transferring the ring back to your left after the ceremony. I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. My options is to give the 2 rings to my pastor so he could bless them and have both of them put at the same time or just stay with my engagement ring on and switch the order after the ceremony.


For me this is not that important as long as you have it on i don't think the order of it is important.



There are many ways to do the double ring ceremony. You can have him put the wedding band on top and then flip them later. My husband and I chose to have me wear the engagement ring on my right hand when I went down the aisle. My husband put the wedding band on my left hand. Then the officiate asked my husband to move my engagement ring to it's permanent place on my left hand, above the wedding band. It's up to you how you want to do it.
You would move your engagement ring to your right hand (or have a bridesmaid/maid of honour hold onto it during the ceremony) After the ceremony you would put the engagement ring back on. I know some people solder them together before the ceremony, in that case he would be putting both on (since they are joined together. lol).
I had the same problem. I left my engagement ring on my left hand during the ceremony and my husband slid the wedding band on top of it. Right after the ceremony I just switched them around so that the wedding band was closest to my heart. It really just depends on what you want to do. I don't think there's any ';proper'; way to do this.
Yes you wear your engagement ring on your right hand and after the ceremony you put the engagement ring on after the wedding band.


The wedding ring goes on the third finger of the left had as this supposedly has a vein that runs to the heart and another reason for the wedding ring on first is that some women like to remove their engagement ring when doing any work indoors in case it gets ruined etc.,



during teh ceremony he will put only the wedding band on. you should be wearing your engagement ring on your right hand before the ceremony, so that you left ring finger is free for him to put the band on. then after the ceremony you move the engagement ring from your right hand over to your left hand on top of the wedding band.
wear your engagement ring on your right hand, then after he puts the wedding band on you, you can quickly switch the engagement ring over to your left hand with it. or right after the ceremony, switch the engagement ring to your left hand.
I just wore my engagement ring on my left hand--didn't want the confusion of my husband not knowing which hand to grab. After the ceremony I just flipped them so the wedding band was on the bottom.
i guess you move your engagement ring to your right ring finger until after the ceremony and then put the engagement one in front. Congrats.
A lot of people wear their engagement ring on their right hand during the ceremony, then after the ceremony is over they can put the engagement ring on above the wedding band
You can put your engagement ring on your right hand and than slip it on your left hand later or you can have him put both rings on at the same time, but wedding band first and engagement ring on top.
You put the engagement ring back on your finger after the ceremony. :))
After the ceremony obviously.
  • makeup counter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment