Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do people always say the 1st year of marriage is always the hardest?

Also - what was your experience in your 1st year like?





Just wondering. Thanks.Why do people always say the 1st year of marriage is always the hardest?
I don't necessarily think your first year of marriage, I think it's more the first year you're living together.





I think it's the hardest the first year you live together because living together definitely opens your eyes WAY UP to the type of person you're REALLY with. All those annoying habits they used to reserve for when they went home? You get them. You don't get to see them just at their best, you're around for ALL their moods, not just the good ones.





You get frustrated with one another, and annoyed at having to share what used to be just ';your'; space. It's very hard learning to live with someone!





My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years now, and lived together for almost exactly 1 year before getting married. Our 1st year of marriage was actually a bit easier than the year we lived together prior to marriage.





Good luck!Why do people always say the 1st year of marriage is always the hardest?
I don't think it was our hardest. Our hardest was the year I cheated on her. The first one was pretty hard, though. It can be tough because you're working out your roles in the marriage, who is responsible for what. You disagree more because you haven't yet figured out where your common ground is. Money becomes a much more sensitive issue because rare is the couple with the same frugality to free spending values. You haven't learned how best to communicate with each other yet. You find out new quirks and foibles about your partner that you didn't know about before, or didn't notice because you were so ';in love';. There's just simply a lot of adjusting to do that first year, and that's what makes it extra hard for a lot of people.
That's really mostly said for couples who marry and didn't live together first. They say it's the hardest because it's a big adjustment to live with your significant other for some people and to rely on one another financially and emotionally 24/7.





As for me, I don't agree with it, at least not in my relationship. My husband and I lived apart until the day we returned from our honeymoon because we had wanted to save money for a home by living with our parents rent free. I didn't think it was a hard year at all, which does make me hopeful for our future. We got along perfectly and fell right into a routine that works well for us.
I think it's because you go through a period of adjusting to life together. If you did'nt live together before, it can be hard learning to accept eachothers habits especially the yucky ones. My husband and I had some good days and bad. We argued over the dumbest stuff, but the makeup sex was always great. It does'nt have to be true that the honeymoon's over.
I have been married for about 9 months and it seems to be going OK. I truly do not know how a marriage should be in the first year. We had a rough patch in the beginning but it's actually real fun now.
yah that was the easiest! sex 10 times a day...and then more sex.





Piece of cake.





Try 10 or 11th year....now thats where it gets hard.
i don't know but feb will be are 1 year annivasary. and i an believing it myself
I have no clue. I've been married a year now, and I had no problems but, we are both easy going people..maybe that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment