Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where can I find someone to perform a legal marriage?

I'm older..not interested in a wedding...just want to find someplace inexpensive that will perform a ceremony to be married. We have our license but don't know where to find someone to marry us. HELP!Where can I find someone to perform a legal marriage?
city hall or vegasWhere can I find someone to perform a legal marriage?
Don't go to a church if you're not a member, that's just silly.





Don't go to city hall, unless you want to get married there - not very pretty, nice or event slightly memorable.





I would look on Craigslist, like someone suggested or in the ads of your local free indy-type newspaper. The one in Detroit is Metro Times - There are always ads in there for ';ministers';.
Try the ULC church. Find it on line. The church has free on line ordinations, and you can find a minister near you. They can perform legal marriages anywhere in the US, Canada, or most of Europe. Heck, if you are in SE Michigan, I can legally marry you- and I won't charge you a dime.
Look in the phonebook under Notary Public. In most states, they are allowed to perform marriage ceremonys, and they don't usually cost a lot. If you want a small wedding party it can be arranged, but the only neccessity is witnesses
Some Notaries can perform weddings, but it has to be an emergency situation. I am a Notary, but I don't think I would chance it. There are so many people who are truly qualified to do this.
Clerks of County Courts are usually certified Justice of the Peace. That's a simple, cheap way to do it. Right in his office.
Our city courthouse had a judge that came to our house. Also you can look in the phone book like my sister did. Under marriage.
The court house, the captain to a ship, find a minister on craigslist.org, ask the local church for a quick ceremony.
City hall judge.
Look in the phone book. I was the same way. I had a lady come out to the house.
Go to City Hall. We didn't have the funds for a big wedding either. For it all to be done (including our license) it was about $100. I think the magistrate only charged around $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment